Calling all photographers!!! CVCA would like to showcase your photos as a visual interpretation of life in Viera. There is a very special quality of life that we all enjoy here, especially the natural beauty of our community. We would love for you to capture this quality and submit your photos to us for display on this website.
Each season, we will select a new winner from your submissions and display the winning photo on the front page of the website. Your photo could also be used in other CVCA presentations and publications, including our Facebook page. All photos must be received by the posted deadline for consideration. The winning photo will be featured on the website the following month.
Email your submissions using the “Contact Us” form at the bottom of this or any CVCA web page. In order to enter the contest, you must include your name, when/where the photo was taken and, if there are other recognizable people in the photo, as statement that you have their permission to submit the photo. All photos must comply with the contest rules in order to win.
- Your entries must comply with the contest rules to qualify.
- Your submission of a photo is your acknowledgement of, and agreement to, the terms and conditions of the contest.
- Photos must be high resolution in JPG format. For quality display, the photos must be in landscape orientation and sized 1,800 x 900 pixels. Photos can be in color or black & white.
- Photos must be taken in Viera.
- Only one photo per person, per season can be submitted. Only Viera residents can participate in the photo contest.
- Your photo entries must have been created by you and you must not submit a photo created by someone else. You must be the sole owner of all rights to the photo you submit.
- By entering the contest, you agree to have any of your winning photos displayed by CVCA and used in CVCA print and electronic communication materials, advertising and promotional materials, and this website, for any purpose and at any time in the future, without any fee or other form of compensation.
- In the event that ownership of, or rights to, any photo submitted is contested in any manner, CVCA retains the sole discretion to disqualify that photo from the contest and discontinue use of that photo.
- Photos must be appropriate for posting on a community website. Photos that contain obscene, provocative, defamatory, sexually explicit, political content, advertising, or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate content will not be considered. CVCA will determine in its sole discretion, what constitutes such content.
- You must obtain a consent or release from all identifiable people in your photo for use of their image in your photo. For photos that include identifiable children, your submission must be accompanied by a signed consent form from each child’s parent/legal guardian.
- CVCA is not responsible for computer system, hardware, software or program malfunctions or other errors, failures, or delayed computer transactions or network connections that affect the contest or your participation in it.
- CVCA is not responsible for lost, misdirected, misplaced, illegible, unintelligible, incomplete, or late entries.
- You acknowledge that CVCA reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend all or any portion of the contest without notice for any reason whatsoever, without any liability to you for any costs you may have incurred in respect to the contest.
- CVCA is entitled to interpret these rules as required and its decisions are final.
- The contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- The contest rules are subject to change without notice.
- CVCA reserves the right to disqualify any contestant that it has reason to believe does not comply with the contest rules.
- By participating in the contest, you agree to hold harmless CVCA and its employees, agents, and representatives from any and all damages, injuries, claims, causes of actions, or losses of any kind resulting from your participation in the contest, including infringement of another person’s intellectual property rights. You also release CVCA and its employees, agents and representatives from any responsibility or liability for damages, injuries, claims, causes of actions, or losses of any kind you may incur or suffer arising in whole or in part from your participation in this contest.
Entries will be evaluated based on content, image quality, creativity, uniqueness, relevance to life in Viera and the overall visual appeal. A panel of three CVCA representatives will judge the entries and all judges’ decisions are final.